Monday, February 28, 2011

Book #9 Chosen and Completed

Sorry to my readers. I thought I blogged about the chosen book, but forgot to do so. So, book #9 is Sarah's Quilt, by Nancy Turner.
I just finished this book. It took me quite sometime to finish. I can't figure out why. It was 430 pages, but I started this book over a week ago. Anyway, I just finished it.
This book is the sequel to These Is My Words. I loved the first one, and liked the second one. I just wish this poor Sarah could find happiness and keep it alive. We catch up with her back at her ranch. At the end of the first, she moves from her large home in town, back to her large homestead on her cattle ranch. A severe drought has taken through the desert and her well has dried up, and cattle are dying.
We do, meet some interesting people in this one. We meet Willie. He is Ernest's (Sarah's brother) son. Willie shows up to, "learn how to be a cowboy, ranchin and stuff." He is undereducated, and overdressed. His mother, the floozy, Felicity, told him that his Pa owns that land and he is entitled to his share. Poor Willie, toward the end, your heart will ache for him. We also meet Rudolf Maldenado. He shows up in the first book, but we really get to meet him in the second. Let's just say, don't judge a book by the cover. His smile can charm some, and it almosts gets Sarah, but she sees clearly, and you will be thankful. Udell Hanna and his son Aubrey also become apart of our story. I picture Udell as a kind, strong man, but handsome too. A gentle soldier. Let's not forget Lazrus, the water witch. He is hired by Mama to find water to save the ranch. Well, he finds the water, but not without bringing hell and headache to Sarah. He gets his in the end. We take a trip to San Fransico at the beginning. Sarah and Chess, head that way after the earthquake to rescue Harland, Melissa, and their children. (I will add this: Nick picks up my book, and starts reading it in some Barry White voice, like I was reading a romance novel. I just laughed, and he did too when I filled him about the story. He came to the part when Sarah and Chess enter the Red Cross tent to the human destruction of the earthquake. Any way, it was funny, and for the record, I do not read harlequin.) Sarah and Chess get the family settled on a train headed for Chicago, and head back home.
Sarah's Quilt: drought, dead cattle, witches, thieves, and a handsome retired soldier. Loved It.
Happy Reading, and don't forget to follow, comment and share!!

No comments:

Post a Comment