Monday, April 4, 2011

March is Over?

What the french toast? How did a month slip by and my reading did as well? It is sad to say, that March was so busy, I hardly had the chance to pick up a book. I tried to read on the plane, but found that that made me sick. And of course, Vegas was so much fun, I left my nook neatly packed away. Then, once we got home, loved on our children, painted the inside of the house, assembled new bunk beds, greeted my parents, entertained my family, played over spring break, shared a momentous occassion with Aubrey's family, slacked on my gym, and sent everyone back to school, April came upon us! So here we are, April 4th. The Monday after a fabulous General Conference, I come to you, my readers, inspired to share a book. I am a little embarrassed that this was not the first book I blogged about, nonetheless, I want YOU to read. The Book of Mormon. If you need a copy, let me know, and I will mail you a copy. Now, this book is scripture. True stories of prophets of old who battled, loved, lived, and died. We will meet many people, share their stories, and when we get to 3 Nephi, my favorite, we will meet Jesus Christ. We will learn about how Joseph Smith came to translate the plates of brass, and restore the gospel on the Earth. The Book of Mormon is only 531 pages. That is way shorter than any Dan Brown novel right? I will post this blog, YOU will read this blog, and if you have any questions or comments, you will leave them for me to read and answer. My hubby, will help us answer any of these. Each Friday, I will blog again on this book for you. You can read it quickly, but if YOU really WANT to read it and know of it's truth, you will pray and study the words. Don't worry, I will be doing the same thing. I want to share this journey with you. If you have never read it, read it once, or a billion times, read it again with me. Doesn't this sound like fun? Tell me your favorite part, verse, story and person. Happy Reading, and again, I have some copies I will send to you if you need one!!
Let's get started... Moroni 10:3-5 read that part first, then rewind to the beginning!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea. ore RS is reading it and I have to be done by May 1 and I am really going to have to put in some time to make it. THe whole of Moroni 7 is one of my favorite and especially v3 about being a peaceable follower of Christ

    ReplyDelete